Employment – Acoustical Consultant
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc. is seeking an Acoustical Consultant, located in Grand Rapids, MI. Read more for the job description and qualifications.
Working under the supervision of the Senior Consultant, the Acoustical Consultant is responsible for designing and engineering acoustical solutions for optimizing acoustical performance as well as controlling, isolating, and mitigating vibration and structure-borne, HVAC, equipment generated, and environmental noise.
The Acoustical Consultant will work independently as well as collaboratively with staff to learn the fundamentals of solving acoustical challenges in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, religious, corporate, outdoor, and more.
If you like working in a collaborative environment where you can put your acoustical knowledge and expertise to practice and you have the following qualifications and experience, send your resume to: Marci Boks, COO.
- Woman-Owned: With three women in our leadership team, one of which is the sole owner, we are proud to be a nationally Certified Women’s Business Enterprise and Woman Owned Small Business.
- Design Focused: We focus on the specific needs of each individual project. We work with clients to provide engineered viable solutions, a design for the future, and simplicity with no surprises.
- Process Driven: Our process has been tested over time. We include detailed documentation, timely communications, internal quality reviews, reports that make sense, and responsive follow-up. With the right information at the right time, clients can choose from more options and make informed decisions for a more successful project.
- Employee Oriented: Our culture is essential to attracting and keeping the most talented and qualified people. We value commitment to excellence, collaboration, initiative, respect and candor, and flexibility and harmony.
- Experienced: From healthcare to education, workplace to houses of worship, industrial to mixed-use, and performing arts centers to environmental noise and vibration, you can be sure of our experience to bring you the best in audiovisual design and acoustical consulting.
- Bachelors Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, Physics, or related field with emphasis on acoustics.
- Two to five years of experience in acoustical consulting, acoustical engineering, or related occupation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Experience with sound and vibration test equipment, preferably Larson-Davis.
- Solid understanding of acoustic principles and real-world application of building and environmental acoustics.
- Aware of sustainable design principles – preferably LEED AP certification.
- Proficient in AutoCAD systems and acoustical modeling software including EASE, AIM by Pottorf, CATT, SoundPLAN, Cadna-A, or equivalent
- Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Availability to relocate to our office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Read and review architectural, mechanical, structural plans, and noise codes and consult on space design, sound isolation, environmental/transportation noise, and building systems noise control.
- Provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
- Measure and analyze the impact of noise and vibration on interior and exterior environments and verify acoustical compliance with noise ordinances, building codes, standards, and ANSI guidelines.
- Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients and prospects as needed.
- Write technical reports and explain technical concepts to clients.
- Provide internal marketing support for blogs, proposals, and budgets.
- Manage projects, client expectations, and deadlines.
- Read industry periodicals and attend necessary training to stay current on industry trends and standards and maintain certifications and licenses.
Email your resume and salary requirements to: Marci Boks, COO.