Employment – AV Consultant
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc. is seeking an AV Consultant, located in Grand Rapids, MI. Read more for the job description and qualifications.
We are looking for an early career audiovisual consultant who takes ownership, enjoys learning in a collaborative environment, and builds trust with coworkers and clients. Our audiovisual consulting work includes a wide variety of systems and infrastructure design, planning, peer review, analysis and modeling for architects and AECs, facilities owners and institutions, with a focus on education, healthcare, corporate, conference and hospitality, worship, performing arts and large venue spaces.
ABD Engineering & Design is a woman-owned acoustical consulting and audiovisual design firm with offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive salaries based on qualifications. Benefits include paid time off, nine paid holidays, eighty hours of paid sick leave, health and dental insurance, commuter benefits, a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, and a flexible work schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, theater design, and/or related experience in the field of work. AVIXA CTS certification desired.
- 0-5 years of experience in audiovisual consulting or related experience such as low-voltage design: IT structured cabling, security, lighting controls, etc.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Provide early design concept and budgeting services. Produce written reports, sketches, and budget worksheets.
- Provide constructible, affordable, and aesthetically pleasing solutions.
- Produce concept, schematic, design, and construction documentation for a variety of project delivery methods.
- Produce and model drawings, details, schematics. Write specifications and provide selection of equipment for bidding.
- Provide internal QA/QC of all project documentation.
- Attend meetings, internal as well as with clients and prospects as needed.
- Attend project site visits, field inspections and punchlist/checkout sessions.
- Manage projects, client expectations, and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Solid grasp of Autodesk Revit 2020 and later BIM modeling, AutoCAD 2021 and later to facilitate production, collaborative coordination, and QA/QC review.
- Knowledge of audio-visual technology, control systems, and media networks.
- Experience using EASE modeling software, as well as various manufacturer modelling software (Modeler, ArrayCalc, Danley Direct, etc…)
- Rigorous data processing and analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding teaming skills.
- Ability to perform calculations related to audio, electroacoustics, display and visual systems.
- Willingness to be flexible, performing responsibilities not specifically identified in the job description and assuming new responsibilities as ABD’s needs change.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to relocate to our office in Grand Rapids, Michigan or work remote from a location within a 3 hour drive of Grand Rapids.