Employment – Proposal Coordinator
ABD Engineering & Design, Inc. is seeking a Senior Acoustical Consultant/Engineer, located in Portland, OR. Read more for the job description and qualifications.
ABD is searching for a full-time Proposal Coordinator for our Portland, OR, office location. The ideal candidate will have strong technical writing, design, and communication skills. They have a proactive mindset and are passionate about building long-lasting relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
As a Proposal Coordinator, you will work together with our Client Development Manager for proposal preparation and coordination. In addition, you will work closely with principals, technical staff, and clients and will provide general marketing support, including:
- Developing proposal and qualifications packages in conjunction with marketing and
technical staff, including follow up communications.
- Interviewing prospective clients to collect project details and resources.
- Organizing potential project resources.
- Assisting with answering phones and responding to client calls and emails.
- Inputting data into SalesForce CRM platform and project management system.
- Helping to coordinate and prepare for lunch and learns.
- Assisting in preparation and maintenance of employee resumes and project descriptions.
- Assisting in preparation of presentation materials.
- Updating print and digital marketing as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or commensurate qualifications.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing similar duties.
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Collaborative outlook and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong planning, organization, preparation, and execution capabilities.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, prioritize effectively, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Diplomacy in complex situations.
- Experience in the A/E/C or professional services industries preferred.
ABD Engineering & Design connects people to who and what matters. We are one of the nation’s leading independent acoustical consulting and AV design firms. We consult and design for everyday spaces, providing practical solutions, based on data. Our offices are located in Grand Rapids, MI and Portland, OR.
At ABD we learn and grow. It’s essential to who we are. We are detailed and strive for excellence. We solve problems and learn from our mistakes. We accept our limits and are vulnerable. We own it. We take responsibility without blaming. We do what we say and we strive to maintain balance. We build trust. We speak up with respect and are open and honest. We see the whole person and constantly work to get perspective. Last but not least, we succeed together. We support each other and we support our clients. We work efficiently and are responsive.
If this sounds like a work environment that you would succeed in and you have the capabilities, let’s talk! Please send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: Marci Boks, COO.