University of Montana
ABD Engineering & Design worked with OZ Architects on this University of Montana Early Childhood Education Center project for the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education and Human Sciences. ABD provided complete acoustical engineering and audiovisual design.
This expansion is adding approximately 30,000 SF and creates space for three fast-growing departments within the College of Education, additional classroom space, additional preschool space, and a multi-use auditorium space.
The program includes:
- Two additional preschool classrooms designed for observation by Early Childhood Education students
- An additional seminar room for use by Early Childhood Education students
- Technology Classroom
- Small and Large Counseling offices
- Shared Seminar Rooms (divisible into 2 spaces)
- Montana Digital Academy
- Department of Counselor Education spaces
- Isolated Skype Room
- Faculty Offices
- Meeting rooms and conference rooms
- Lobbies and reception areas
- Auditorium (divisible into 2 spaces)
While each room had its own needs for acoustics and audiovisual details, the owner specifically requested a gesture-controlled Interactive Digital Wall, similar to the one we designed for the University of Michigan Schembechler Hall.
Learn how our delayed bid strategy for AV design helped save the University money.